What was the Roman Republic like before Caesar expanded?

Did it conquer any nation? Was it just a little thing in Italy? What was the Roman Republic like, or how big was Rome, before the Roman Empire? My dumb *** chose Julius Caesar as my presentation topic and he s famous for transforming the Roman Republic to Empire and all, so I plan to do a slide, like before and... show more Did it conquer any nation? Was it just a little thing in Italy? What was the Roman Republic like, or how big was Rome, before the Roman Empire?

My dumb *** chose Julius Caesar as my presentation topic and he s famous for transforming the Roman Republic to Empire and all, so I plan to do a slide, like before and after Caesar kinda thing? like rome before caesar was this tiny bit of land, then he came and fought and expanded and boom look at all these little nations that make up the roman empire. JUST THE PROBLEM IS I LOOKED UP ROMAN REPUBLIC MAP AND OTHER VARIATIONS TRYING TO FIND WHAT ROME IS LIKE BEFORE IT BECAME AN EMPIRE BUT NOTHING IS REALLY TELLING ME ANYTHING USEFUL OR NOT CONFUSING. it is all confusing. i need real people advice.

ALSO IF U CAN LINK ME TO A MAP THAT WOULD BE GREAT AS WELL!

Thank you so much. I m sorry if I sound stupid. I m from Cambodia and our history lessons do not cover things like these