Why do people overline their lips?

I mean I know the obvious answer. It's to make your lips more full looking right? Because I think it's alright to overline them a little if your lips are uneven or something. But the other day I was at Sephora and I asked a worker if she could do my lips. My bottom lip is full but my top lip is thinner.... show more I mean I know the obvious answer. It's to make your lips more full looking right? Because I think it's alright to overline them a little if your lips are uneven or something.

But the other day I was at Sephora and I asked a worker if she could do my lips. My bottom lip is full but my top lip is thinner. She traced over my top lip snd when I saw the final result, I thought I looked horrible! I thanked her and subtly removed it after she left, then asked a different worker to do it. She was happy to, and followed my natural lip shape. The final result looked MUCH better in my opinion.

Why are people so obsessed with having full lips, or giving the illusion of them? I personally found it rude that the first woman overlined my lips.