Is it my fault my guinea pig died?

So I’m 14, and about five months ago I got a guinea pig named Linus from petsmart. (I know petsmart is not a good place to get animals because of how they treat them but it was a gift). I had been looking up how to properly keep him and care for him so I was prepared. I then got another about a day after because I... show more So I’m 14, and about five months ago I got a guinea pig named Linus from petsmart. (I know petsmart is not a good place to get animals because of how they treat them but it was a gift). I had been looking up how to properly keep him and care for him so I was prepared. I then got another about a day after because I heard they did not like to be lonely. They got along great! Today I woke up and Linus was dead in his cage, my other guinea lowell is Ok for now but I don’t want to discuss this. I feel like this is my fault. I played with both of them all day (since I’m homeschooled), fed them the right healthy food, changed their bedding and spot cleaned often. (Spot cleaned three times per day and changed and washed their cage once per week). He was a perfectly happy guinea pig. I don’t know how he died, was this my fault that he’s dead? I don’t have any siblings so I don’t have anyone who could have killed him
6 answers 6