Was Henry VIII Really Overweight?

I guess only paintings are the only way to know Richard Burton is my favourite actor to play the role of Henry VIII, he played the role in Anne Of The Thousand Days (1969) It is one of my favourite of his films and was nominated for Best Actor Oscar for it. However Burton seemed miscast maybe? He was very thin,... show more I guess only paintings are the only way to know

Richard Burton is my favourite actor to play the role of Henry VIII, he played the role in Anne Of The Thousand Days (1969)

It is one of my favourite of his films and was nominated for Best Actor Oscar for it.

However Burton seemed miscast maybe? He was very thin, really too thin for the role, yet his performance was so good.

Was Henry VIII really known to be hugely overweight, I wonder why Burton was cast, there was no padding or anything, so they didn't even try to make Burton to look fat.