Room acoustics - home studio for recording internal materials.?

G'day guys, I'm building a house in about 6 months and am creating a bit of a home studio for all my guitar gear. I play electric mostly and a bit of acoustic / singing stuff but I'm looking to set up a space to record in. I'm trying to decide on the internal materials. whether I line the walls with... show more G'day guys, I'm building a house in about 6 months and am creating a bit of a home studio for all my guitar gear. I play electric mostly and a bit of acoustic / singing stuff but I'm looking to set up a space to record in. I'm trying to decide on the internal materials. whether I line the walls with pine boards for a nice warm resonance or I go sound proofing all the way to create a dead flat sound.

Everything's on the table from carpet/ floor boards, to wall and ceiling linings.

The dimensions of the room at this stage are 3m X 4.4m with quite a high ceiling at 4.8m

I'm leaning towards raw pine boards at this stage for the walls as I can always put acoustic panels over the top to get the best of both worlds etc.

Any suggestion or advice would be most welcome as I only have a basic understanding of room acoustics

Cheers - Dan
1 answer 1