Are men really this much stronger than women?

Yesterday my guyfriend challenged me for a arm wrestle, he said I can use my both hands against him cause i'm a girl. He is skinny and not masculine at all and i'm pretty strong for a girl so I thought I would win from him easily. I took the challenge and used my whole strenght against him and couldnt even... show more Yesterday my guyfriend challenged me for a arm wrestle, he said I can use my both hands against him cause i'm a girl. He is skinny and not masculine at all and i'm pretty strong for a girl so I thought I would win from him easily. I took the challenge and used my whole strenght against him and couldnt even move him 1 cm further and he wasnt even hard trying, he sat pretty relaxed while I started becoming tired after few minutes trying to bring his hand down. I finally gave up and he won and pushed my hands down easily. Then he said to me I could pick you easily up, I laughed at him and said no you cant but then he said he can prove it and he picked me up and threw over his shoulders like I was nothing. I was surprised he could pick up 48 kg heavy me lol. He is so skinny I was afraid he would drop me but he didnt. I never knew that skinny guys could be strong as well. He doesnt train nor does he do any fight sports or lifting. I was surprised, I cannot even pick up a 5 year old child with both hands let alone throw someone over my shoulder. Are men really this much stronger than women????
8 answers 8