Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Christians, which Bible is the best, King James or is there a better Bible?

64 Answers

Relevance
  • Meg
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

All Bibles are the Word of God and they all convey God’s message. I personally use the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) and use others as well for comparison and to show others here. Here’s a link you where you can read it along with the KING JAMES BIBLE, THE AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION AND THE BIBLE IN LIVING ENGLISH for you to read and also compare translations and versions: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/

The NWT is the most accurate translation though. For example,

1) the NWT does not allow any apocryphal books such as Judith, Maccabees I and II, Tobias, Baruch, and many others;

2) the NWT does not allow spurious texts such as 1 John 5:7 where it says “these three are one” –it is well known by Bible Scholars it was added to support the Trinity. The ADDITION is so famous that it even carries a name, the “Comma Johanneum.”

3) In the NWT you will not find the negative word “hell” for Sheol or Hades (in Hebrew and Greek) which simply means “Grave.” But many Bibles inserted “ hell” by their translators to push the “hell” doctrine where it’s supposed to say “grave” and even in parts where it doesn’t say “grave” but “Geheena” and “destruction.” For example, at Matthew 7:13 where the correct translation is “destruction”, see the New Living Translation (NLT) where it says “hell” instead of “destruction”: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matth...

and the “Good News Bible” version:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matth...

4) And, the most important name in the entire universe Jehovah, God’s name, has been deleted from many Bibles, yet the NWT has it in more than 7,000 where it’s supposed to be as the manuscripts (copies) as found in the Dead Sea and the Masoretic text and such where the Hebrew characters are shown with the four consonants YHWH.

Dr. Benjamin Kedar, a Hebrew scholar in Israel, made a similar comment concerning the New World Translation. In 1989 he said:

“This work reflects an honest endeavor to achieve an

understanding of the text that is as accurate as possible. . . . I have never

discovered in the New World Translation any biased intent

to read something into the text that it does not contain.”

• Andrew2 years agoReport

The New World Translation is about Jehovah's Witnesses, they're talking about the Holy Bible for Christians not JWs! Go back to your Watchtower!

• 2 years ago

The very nearest translation of the first bible is the KJV, but as it(First Bible) is originally written in Aramaic and Greek language its very hard to understand and grasp the meaning that's why there's a lot of translations. For your study and understanding I recommend to cross reference to other version like NIV, NASB, NLT.

• 2 years ago

Among English translations of the Bible, the KJV is the most accurate to the original manuscripts, in spite of it being a little more difficult to read. NKJV or the RSV are also good. All modern translations have word changes and verse deletions, violating what is written in Revelation 22:18-19

• 2 years ago

The only accurate Bible would be one with the Old Testament in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek. It is impossible to translate 1 word of one language accurately into 1 word of a different language. If you read the King James translation on the website, <blueletterbible.com> and check the small box in the upper right hand corner, each word will have a Strong's number next to it. If you click on this number it will give you the word of the original Hebrew or Greek text and its meaning. This is the best way to read the Bible.

• Actually , even when you go to two language scholars, they will still argue on bias or tradition and even from politics

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

The King James is one of the best because it is a literal translation rather than a dynamic equivalence paraphrase, uses the Textus Receptus and does not interpret for you.

To improve upon it you would have to learn the original languages.

But remember what is so commonly forgotten and rejected, no amount of modern help will avail any because understanding comes only from the Lord.

We are all sealed up to hear Him.

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Notice that?

Out of the mouth of God, out of His mouth.

Do you have ears to hear?

• Climate Realist
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

What gives me cofidence is that other Bibles and the KJV have the same message. We would not know that Text Recepticus is reliable if ut wasn't confirmed against other Greek texts.

• 2 years ago

It depends on what you want the translation for.

The King James version, in my opinion, is the best English translation for reading aloud. It was made to be read aloud, and the translators were not only great scholars, but masters of the English language as well. There are versions of the King James that have been modernized, more or less, for the modern reader. Also, it is one of the most accurate translations. But again, the language can be sometimes not understood by the modern person. And it is not 100% accurate; no translation can be.

For literal accuracy, I prefer the Young's Literal Translation. That is what I read most of the time, by myself.

I also have a high opinion of The Message translation of the Bible by Eugene Peterson. It is NOT a literal translation, but is something of a paraphrase intended to convey the message of the Bible to the modern reader, and so it is good for everyday reading when not actually studying. It is easy to read and enjoyable unless you get hung up on the fact that it isn't literal.

• 2 years ago

The King James Bible suffices for my daily needs, but the Community of Christ's Inspired Version of the Bible has much in it that helps.

• Kjw47
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

The world had better check facts on this matter---Every trinity translation is altered( removal of Gods personal name by satans will) and errors to fit false council teachings= 100% fact--those using them are being mislead. Those do NOT have Jesus. They can never accomplish this will of God--John 4:22-24

• David
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

You would educate yourself in mathematics to teach mathematics. You wouldn't rely on the holy spirit to learn mathematics. Why would you rely on the holy spirit to teach you Greek and Hebrew?

• 2 years ago

You can use any Bible you want. However keep in mind that older manuscripts have come to light. So the Kjv is dated which makes it less accurate. The New World translation of the Holy Scriptures is up to date with the modern manuscripts used. Also, we don’t speak Latin or the way people spoke in the time of King James. So it makes it hard to understand. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures speaks in plain english that we can understand.

• Sofia
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

The New World Translation is heresy. It is not a Bible.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The KJV is one of the worse. Don’t rely on any single one. Go with the NIV, NLT, CEV or NASB.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.