Selling my car myself while I still owe on it?

I want to sell my vehicle for around $21,000. I still owe $17,000 on it. I want to try to sell it myself since the dealership offered me only what I owe on it. It'll be worth it to me to put the work in if I can make 3 or 4 thousand over what I owe on it. 1 - is it possible to sell the car without having... show more I want to sell my vehicle for around $21,000. I still owe $17,000 on it. I want to try to sell it myself since the dealership offered me only what I owe on it. It'll be worth it to me to put the work in if I can make 3 or 4 thousand over what I owe on it.

1 - is it possible to sell the car without having the title in my hand? And by that I really mean would anyone be willing to pay me for the vehicle if they're not going to get the title for another month?

2 - given the above concern, is it better to pay it off myself now and then try to sell it after I have the title? or could I have my credit union buy out the loan, then try to sell it and complete the transaction at the credit union so they could sign over the title?

3 - any advice on selling a car for that kind of money? I've never sold a car before. It does have bumper to bumper wrap warranty through 2020 that infiniti says I can transfer to the buyer so that's a plus.

Thanks