Freshman in college, thinking of suicide?

This is my first year in college since I graduated high school last year, and for the past month I've been going through a horrible depression. After I turned 19 in February it's like my whole outlook on life changed. I can't precisely explain why I'm feeling this way, but it seems like I've... show more This is my first year in college since I graduated high school last year, and for the past month I've been going through a horrible depression. After I turned 19 in February it's like my whole outlook on life changed. I can't precisely explain why I'm feeling this way, but it seems like I've lost interest in many things, and no longer have motivation to study. I'm attending community college and so far I've been doing very well, but this semester has taken a toll on me. I'm extremely lonely, no social life at all, my routine is going to college and coming back home, and just crying. It's been very difficult for me to make that transition from high school now going into adulthood, and I don't know how to handle it. The one friend I had from high school cut her ties with me, and I find myself again very lonely here. I feel very empty, like there's no future, and I just really need some words of comfort. I don't want to fail any classes, and I feel like such a burden on my parents. I don't know what to do, why I feel this way. I can't study at all, I don't open any books, I just sit and cry. I'm already seeing a psychologist but it's not really helping me. I feel like I'm the problem, but I don't know why I feel so depressed. Can someone please help me.
19 answers 19