Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 years ago

Which car should I get?

Okay, it's my first car. I have done quite a bit of research and have narrowed my options down to a few. I am spending aroung $3,00. A 2000 ish Subaru Outback, a 2000+ Honda CR-V, a 2006 ish Chevy impala, a 2005 ish Chevy Malibu, a 2000+ Honda Civic, or a 2000+ Toyota Camry, 2000+ accord, 2005 ish Ford Escape, or a 2006 ish Chevy equinox. Now, here's specific needs of mine. Good mpg (25+) spacious, capable in all weather conditions, and reliable. Also, I have found each one of these cars and year for sale, it's just a matter of which one to lean towards. Thank you.

57 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

The Toyota, the Honda. They are good cars that have a reputation for lasting a good long time. Most importantly, get the used vehicle that has documentation of the service records. Regular oil changes are key to a long lasting engine.

My friend has a 1996 Toyota with 250K miles and still going strong. I had a Honda for 12 years and did not have one single problem other than a recall that did not even effect me in any way. My son would still have his Camry if he paid attention on the highway and noticed that the cars in front of him were stopped.

• ALBERT
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

I had a Subaru forester and twice it had problems with the device that connects the engine to the wheel in the front where it meets the front wheel. twice the rubber sleeve at that connection broke and grit went inside the system and ruined the connection. The repair was close or above $1000. each time! And generally speaking I heard many time Toyota's and Hondas are more reliable than Chevrolets or Fords. I have 2 friends who had Toyota Camry's and they went over 300000 miles with no major repairs. Same with someone I know who had a Honda minivan. I do not see too many Ford or Chevys over 200000 miles.!

• 2 years ago

Chevy bolt

• 2 years ago

Can't go wrong with a Subaru outback if you want all weather capability. Try Honda over Toyota since they make slightly better cars according to most review sites, and if you need more space go for midsize like accord/CR-V over civic Of course you need to test drive as many choices as possible to see what you really like.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Mileage / condition ?

I'd go for the Honda or Toyota .

You'll never know which one was taken better care of .

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Camry - they're good cars

• 2 years ago

Chevy

• 2 years ago

Choose an older one like the camery new cars will be more expensive to fix hard to do it yourself nowadays with how they built them now

• 2 years ago

Definitely get an older car like the Camry or something. They are built better than today's newer crap cars, and parts are cheaper. I paid $550 for my 2000 Cavalier in 2016. I've taken care of it and now I've owned it over 2 years, it has over 200,000 miles and it's still in better shape than half of the cars on the road.

• 2 years ago

Choose an older one like the camery new cars will be more expensive to fix hard to do it yourself nowadays with how they built them now

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.