Is it safe to sleep on a new piercing if it doesn't hurt at all?

I got my conch pierced about 9 days ago, and the barbel is in my ear in such a way that it doesn't touch the pillow when I sleep at night. It causes me absolutely no discomfort, and it's tucked safe against my neck and inside my ear. So is it safe to sleep on this ear? It's my favourite side to sleep... show more I got my conch pierced about 9 days ago, and the barbel is in my ear in such a way that it doesn't touch the pillow when I sleep at night. It causes me absolutely no discomfort, and it's tucked safe against my neck and inside my ear. So is it safe to sleep on this ear? It's my favourite side to sleep on, and since it doesn't hurt at all I've been sleeping on that side. I have my helix pierced on that side too (now healed) and I wasn't able to sleep on it until after about a month and a half to two months. Is this okay? Or should I stop sleeping on the ear I got a fresh piercing in?
Update: EDIT: I didn't mean it touches my neck, just an expression I guess, I mean that it's between the back of my ear and my neck, not sticking out or anything