Attempted to bend shower head down and it snapped. Likely broken pipe or it was just lose at a joint and an easy fix?

Just bought a house, the shower is just a stand up shower. Everything in the house has clearly been done half assed, as cheep as possible by a not so grate do it yourselfer. The showers been leaking from inside the pipe, back past where the shower head hooks up. Went to try to adjust the shower head to spray lower... show more Just bought a house, the shower is just a stand up shower. Everything in the house has clearly been done half assed, as cheep as possible by a not so grate do it yourselfer. The showers been leaking from inside the pipe, back past where the shower head hooks up. Went to try to adjust the shower head to spray lower and it snapped inside the wall. (Minimal leaking got water turned off right away) I figured it seems pretty simple to get the cheep paneling off and take a look inside. Going to attempt that tomrrow. Wondering what I am up aginst though. Have looked up pics and how to s and seems possible it s just something come lose, but also possible it s broken and might be a bit more work. My partner and I are fairly handy and quick learners so thinking we can fix it on our own. Just looking for opinions on what we will bbe w up against and possible fixes? I m sure I didn t have to ask and once we get in there I will have a better idea. But it s driving me crazy laying here and thinking about it. I just want to go look at it now. Keep in mind it s likely done with the cheapest parts you can get at your local generic handy man store, right next to the wpod paneling. Thankyou ahead for any input!