Would an ar variant rifle with a 300 blk upper used for hunting be considered an assault rifle?

in the state that has passed a law that bans them? I understand that there could be a fine up to 1000 dollars if an assault rifle is not turned in for residents of this state`s city by deadline date. Also, when or if that comes to passed, would a person have to surrender the complete rifle since the ar can be taken... show more in the state that has passed a law that bans them?
I understand that there could be a fine up to 1000 dollars if an assault rifle is not turned in for residents of this state`s city by deadline date.
Also, when or if that comes to passed, would a person have to surrender the complete rifle since the ar can be taken down by hand?
Better yet, just the stripped lower receiver be turned in and the rest of the rifle sold to recover purchase price?