Help me chose a backup GENERATOR please..?

Help me chose a backup GENERATOR please.. I live in SW Florida where needless to say we have power outages sometimes. The last hurricane knocked out power for over 2 weeks. I want to be prepared for the next one. I have a 3 BR house where just I and my wife live. I have looked into those generac stationary units... show more Help me chose a backup GENERATOR please..

I live in SW Florida where needless to say we have power outages sometimes. The last hurricane knocked out power for over 2 weeks. I want to be prepared for the next one. I have a 3 BR house where just I and my wife live. I have looked into those generac stationary units and just can’t afford one right now. My question is what would be the best portable generator? And what brand is the best? I don’t need to power the whole house. Here is what I want it to run. A 15,000 BTU 115-volt window A/C. A refrigerator, a small chest freezer, electric oven, TV, 2 fans, 2 lamps. I would also like to have one of those generator outlet things installed in my breaker box. Anyone know what they are called? How much it will cost?. Also what kind of power should I get? I mean there are Gas,propane,diesel powered generators. Which is best? And any suggestions on how to store fuel would be greatly appreciated as well. Trying to get gas after a hurricane is like black Friday x 100!!! And if any S-A says “Move” I’ve already tried that, the wife won’t have it! LOL Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.