Why does the car lock symbol flash when my car is turned on?

It just happened recently to me i started my car and got a flashing light that s a car and lock but I have no security system on my vehicle at all it s a 2003 Saturn ion Manuel transmission if that helps

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Best Answer

1. Manuel is a Hispanic man's name. It's a manual transmission.

2. Ion's came with at least the wiring and the sensors for the passcode security system installed. There can be several reasons for getting the flashing light, including an ignition switch problem or a sensor fault. Try pulling the associated fuse in the BCM (Body Control Module) which is the electronic control unit that monitors and controls all of the systems in the car - electric windows,A/C functions, electric mirrors,electric locks,security systems, etc. It may reset the sensor for you.

• Lol opps I spelled that wrong my bad but yeah it was the bcm I just had to reset it and it's fine now thanks for your answer it made me laugh

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The idiot lights on the dash go through a pre check when the vehicle is started. This is the usual.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

its locked

• 2 years ago

All GM cars from that era have a passive theft protection system. Pass-lock I think it was called. If your car has trouble starting next time, there could be a fault in the system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Because your car knows you're retarded and it wants to pester you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.