Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 years ago

What do you think about the fact that 12 year olds are generally considered old enough to choose their own bedtimes?

5 year olds have bedtimes, NOT 12 year olds. Most 12 year olds do choose their own bedtimes.

Update:

Tri-Harder, in the psych ward I’m in, patients 12 and older are allowed to choose their own bedtimes, but I’m not allowed on the Internet until ALL the 12 year olds are in bed, because they don’t want the 12 year olds to know about my disturbing online obsession with them. Because of that, I encourage all the 12 year olds here to go to bed as early as possible, so I can have as much Internet time as possible.

*sarcasm*

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Miranda Man, stop the obsession with adolescents. By now, you should be in your 20’s. You have no business with 12 year olds, 15 year olds, and 16 year olds. They are children and teenagers. You’re an adult.

• 2 years agoReport

I can guarantee you I'm 15, turning 16 in September, and most of my friends are in their 20s.

I've only been asking these questions on here for 3 years, since I was 12.

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I don't know what sort of community you live in, but where I live most 12 years olds DO NOT choose their own bedtime. I was 14/15 before being allowed to fully choose my bedtime and even then it had to be before my parents went to bed themselves.

• 2 years agoReport

Hmm, you must live in Mississippi or Alabama or some other sh*thole. I started going to bed later than my parents when I was 12. But then again, there IS a teen mental health crisis where I live...

12 year olds are too old to have a set bedtime. 5 year olds have set bedtimes, not 12 year olds.

• 2 years ago

Do they only let you out of 5 point restraints after the other 12 year olds go to bed?

eta - Your "sarcasm" sounds far too specific to be made-up, so I praise you for finally coming clean.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

It's past your bedtime, Miranda Man. And stop obsessively posting this same repetitive crap or I'll tell your therapist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.