Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 years ago

After Trump is impeached, or resigns to avoid impeachment, will you go easy on conservatives? Or will you rub it in their faces?

Favorite Answer

The GOP has to change before I will have any respect at all for them. In the past few decades they've just fallen in love with 'dirty tricks'. After getting away with their cheating for years, now they cheat right out in the open! They refuse to cooperate or compromise with a Democrat, even a little bit, with the result that our federal govt. has become totally dysfunctional and inefficient. When a Democrat gets elected they shut down Congress and spend the whole time making false accusations of every kind of crime and 'investigating' him or her.

If Trump crashes big-time, it MIGHT lead to a new age in the GOP. A return to the Constitution. Dare I hope they will stop just spreading hate and outrage among their base and negotiate honestly in good faith? Maybe that's too much to ask.

Trump is to a great extent responsible for the unwillingness of liberals and conservatives to interact in any significant way other than name-calling. The way that Congress has worked in the past has been for libs & cons to sit down together and work out compromises that most everyone could live with. I'm pessimistic that we will be able to get back to that. Beyond Trump, I blame the social media for this mess we're presently in.

Going easy on them got us here. They need to be eradicated.

It is not Conservatives or mainstream Republicans that support Trump, he got elected over their opposition.

As a conservative, I'm no fan of Trump , but I'd not favor Pense any better. We (the GOP) have to find and field better candidates

And what will you whiny limpdick liberals do when neither of those delusional fantasies occur?

• Mike

They already TRIED to impeach Trump December, 2017 (did you miss it in the news--was rarely reported). They need half plus one vote in the House (218) and got 58 YES, and 377 NO. Liberal Nancy Pelosi and many Democrats voted NO along with ALL Republicans. Dems are hoping to take over the House in the 2018 midterm elections. EVEN IF THEY IMPEACH, then there would be a TRIAL in the Senate, and after that, would require a TWO THIRDS vote in the Senate (67 yes) to remove the President. NOT EVEN THE MOST AMBITIOUS DEMOCRAT is predicting that there will be 67 Democrats in the Senate after the midterms. This is the SAME MATH that saved Bill Clinton from removal when he was impeached (1998) and he was CLEARLY GUILTY.

I am a conservative. I support President Trump 100%. I will vote for him in 2020. Nah, nah, nah.

• Bob

keep dreaming