My mother took away my car, its under her name, but i just bought new tires for it and a sound system, what should i do?

Hello! I am a 20 year old full time college student with a part time job. Recently my mother decided to take my car away after a friend dropped me off at home late with a couple alcoholic drinks. I understand minors in possession are wrong, but i was not driving. I have just put 700$ worth of new tires and a spare... show more Hello! I am a 20 year old full time college student with a part time job. Recently my mother decided to take my car away after a friend dropped me off at home late with a couple alcoholic drinks. I understand minors in possession are wrong, but i was not driving. I have just put 700$ worth of new tires and a spare rim on the car as well as a new radio and speakers installed. the car is legally under her name but my God parents are the people who put a down payment in order for me to first get the car. along with all this money I m not getting back, She claimed me on her income tax and got a significantly larger amount of money for me being a full time student. With this extra money, she went out and bought herself a preowned truck. I have only been living with my mother again from mid January to april 4th 2018. before hand i was staying with my god parents after coming home from university in early 2017. What should i do? is there anything i can do? I am hoping to finish this semester off and keep my job but things aren t looking so great right now because i am now homeless. send advice my way!
16 answers 16