Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Why don’t we give more money to teachers so they don’t have to spe n so much of their own money on the classroom and kids?

Favorite Answer

Amen. Ours is a misguided culture that pays entertainers millions of dollars and that will not pay teachers a living wage. And we wonder why we're falling behind in technology. Really?

Good question, I wish the school boards here in Utah would do something about that...I hear this story from friends who are teachers over and over again.

no

• Bob

Because they waste it

• Oh that would be because so many people are openly hostile to any public funding of education at all and most of the rest only fund it grudgingly, when they don't currently have children.

For instance, I've now voted against the local school system's request for levies because they went out and spent a million dollars on sports facilities. While I support public education, I find wasting any money on sports to be a waste of money..

The money should be given to the schools and let them provide what the teachers need.

Republicans think dumber people can be controlled more easily

Teachers are paid well in most states...it's just that several GOP led states believe that they are not important because they believe that they are educated babysitters and majority women

maybe they cant afford to pay them more than they do

We give FAR more money to education than we did 20 years ago....yet the schools seem to have less money to spend on things like basic classroom supplies.

WHY?

Bloated administration budgets, excessive pension plans for all these administrators, too many people taking education dollars that are not in a position to ever teach or help teach a single child.

We need to cut the Federal Dept of Ed and send all that money to the States so more of it can be used to improve schools and can reach and help kids' learning experience.