Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Why don’t we give more money to teachers so they don’t have to spe n so much of their own money on the classroom and kids?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Amen. Ours is a misguided culture that pays entertainers millions of dollars and that will not pay teachers a living wage. And we wonder why we're falling behind in technology. Really?

• Capitalist Dingo
      Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

You do realize we have a market economy, right? It's not as if it's one entity deciding who gets paid what.

• 2 years ago

Good question, I wish the school boards here in Utah would do something about that...I hear this story from friends who are teachers over and over again.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

no

• Oh that would be because so many people are openly hostile to any public funding of education at all and most of the rest only fund it grudgingly, when they don't currently have children.

For instance, I've now voted against the local school system's request for levies because they went out and spent a million dollars on sports facilities. While I support public education, I find wasting any money on sports to be a waste of money..

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

An educated mind without a fit body to support the thinking is like having a sleek modern car without an engine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

The money should be given to the schools and let them provide what the teachers need.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Republicans think dumber people can be controlled more easily

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Teachers are paid well in most states...it's just that several GOP led states believe that they are not important because they believe that they are educated babysitters and majority women

• 2 years ago

maybe they cant afford to pay them more than they do

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

They can't afford not to. The US economy relies on STEM education to stay ahead in innovation and consequent economic growth. And STEM begins in grade school.

• 2 years ago

We give FAR more money to education than we did 20 years ago....yet the schools seem to have less money to spend on things like basic classroom supplies.

WHY?

Bloated administration budgets, excessive pension plans for all these administrators, too many people taking education dollars that are not in a position to ever teach or help teach a single child.

We need to cut the Federal Dept of Ed and send all that money to the States so more of it can be used to improve schools and can reach and help kids' learning experience.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Summary about cost of living in Oakland:
      Four-person family monthly costs: 3,598.83$ without rent (using our estimator).
      A single person monthly costs: 988.97$ without rent.
      Rent is roughly $4,000 a month. COL/mo ~ $7,500 or $90,000 per year, about $25,000 per year more than earned.

• Sherry
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

The real reason is that it's a female dominated profession, and a woman's salary is usually seen as an allowance. Yes, even in 2018. And yes, they are expected to selflessly spend that money on the children. While men say "You knew what you were signing up for, didn't you?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.