What are some things that you don’t mind paying taxes for?

Favorite Answer

1) I don't mind paying taxes for NASA. Despite our failures, I believe in the human race.

2) I don't mind paying for infrastructure. Private sector infrastructure would turn into monopolies.

3) I don't mind paying for military. We live in a world where foreign governments may threaten us, and rednecks with guns simply will not suffice.

4) I don't mind paying for police. Humans are ultimately good, but like I said, we're not out of the woods yet.

I have a BIG issue with paying taxes for another person's education or paying for someone else's healthcare. Education should occur at home, in a private school, or as part of employee training in a corporation. Political agendas take control in public school systems, and students don't appreciate it because it's something that's free and easy, yet completely involuntary. Heathcare should be kept completely private. Free heathcare leads to abuse and frivol. USA is not a good example of a truly libertarian heathcare system. Big pharma and healthcare corporations have a monopoly on the system because the government intentionally intervenes against their competition.

Source(s): A person who pays A LOT of taxes.

1) Education

"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." - Thomas Jefferson

2) Emergency Services (firefighters, ambulances, first responders, etc)

3) Police... I don't even think this is up for debate, government can't even exist without people to enforce the laws.

4) Defensive military to protect the US and its allies. NOT offensive, illegal, and unconstitutional wars that don't affect us in the slightest.

5) Roads and public transportation (even though public transportation in the US is trash at least it exists in some form).

The good of the many

Does life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness fall in that group as a tax funded thing

Roads, police and fire protection, ambulance services. A lot of the money that goes in taxes is to support the tax collection units. For example, gas taxes pay for the roads but they have part of the wheel tax paying for it too. But if you really look at it, about 90% of your car fees and taxes are used to pay for the people who do the paperwork to collect your car fees and taxes. Same with a lot of other taxes. Our tax system is inefficient because we tax in so many different ways and there are millions of people who do nothing but collect tax money to pay for their work.

Cigarettes.

Schools, help feed, clothe, house the poor and the elderly, better infrastructure, remove pollution. Those are some of the things I want my tax dollars to go for.

Deportations.

health and security

Taxes are how governments pay the bills and provide for the general welfare of the population, as the US Constitution says. Republicans want everything in life to be free because they must be deadbeats looking for a handout.