Questions about visiting the USA from the UK?

I'll be visiting my girlfriend for the first time ever, i live in the uk and shes from america. i've been reading on some travel forums that i need to be employed and have money in my bank account (for emergencies and stuff) i've also read up thats its best to say i'm visiting a friend instead of a... show more I'll be visiting my girlfriend for the first time ever, i live in the uk and shes from america. i've been reading on some travel forums that i need to be employed and have money in my bank account (for emergencies and stuff) i've also read up thats its best to say i'm visiting a friend instead of a girlfriend because they'll think i want to stay there or something without return. the whole employment questions worries me because i don't have a job and the money ill be getting a ticket with is going to be from my birthday and i wont have any in my bnak left either so i feel like this is going to be a problem getting through. please help me and know what to expect, also sorry for sounding extremely incompetent about this it's just i have no idea what to expect and what to know. thanks guys
5 answers 5