I’m stuck between going to a college with my friends cause I’d be there with people v.s going to a college where I don’t know anybody. Help!?

Ok so I’m in a little predicament on which college to choose. My major isn’t really decided yet, so I can’t give that for consideration. Anyway, I’m having trouble choosing between 2 colleges, East Stroudsburg University(ESU) or Bloomsburg University(Blooms). My friend goes to ESU and I visited him and had an amazing time there. Now I’ve visited blooms before, but I haven’t been to parties there. My friend that goes to ESU took me to his frats party and all the brothers were trying to convince me to commit to the school than join their fraternity. I also know a lot of answers are gonna be “don’t join a frat” because a lot of people feel as though your “paying/slaving” for friends but most of my friends/Family memebers have said fraternities are great, and I’ve experienced them first hand so whatever College I choose I’ll most likely joking a frat. Anyway I’m stuck between choosing ESU, where I already have a friend there in a frat and that could help me get into the fraternity and where I’d meet a lot of new people really fast, or I go to a school that I feel is a bit nicer, has more kids, and bigger frats, however I don’t know anybody at this school. I just want your guys opinions on the matter, thanks!

• Lili
    Best Answer

It is almost impossible to avoid making friends on a college campus. You sound like a relatively social type: you won't be without friends for long if you pick the school you like best. Go with your gut in terms of which school you prefer, and don't worry about meeting people. You will.

Good luck.

• Athena

College if for you to learn, grow, and develop.

It is NOT a place to continue high school social events.

Go to the best school for what you want to do with your life.

Good luck

• DON W

I was a member of a fraternity and enjoyed the experience.

But, you should pick a school based on factors other than you knowing people there. I assume you've toured both and looked at their programs and facilities. Which offers the courses you're most interested in? Which campus has a better vibe? Which school has the better dorms and dining halls? If your parents are paying, which college has the better tuition rates? Which school has the better transportation home? If you're into sports, which has the better teams? Which has the better campus activities? Remember that the frat won't be your only activity on campus.

You can join a frat at either school--consider the other items.

• y

Not going to read any more then the first line, while it is nice to at least known someone while going to college. Those that try to go with their friends, fail to grow and tend to fail. Part of college is the experience of new people, new adventures and the personal growth. Those that go with friends get pigeon holed, stuck in their high school mentality, stagnate and die.