Was Muammar Gaddafi really that bad?

I know I'm playing "Monday Morning Quarterback" here. However look at what Libya is nowadays. Libya is essentially controlled by the Islamic State, and Benghazi specifically is one of the most dangerous places on Earth. Osama bin Laden said that the Islamic State was too extreme.

Favorite Answer

Ask the same question about Saddam too. It's relevant because most of the ISIS fighters are former members of Saddam's army who are P.O.'d because, as Sunnis, they were removed from power in Iraq after the U.S. Invasion (#2) and that power was handed over to their ancient enemies, the Shia.

• Jeff D

Gaddafi was certainly a loose cannon and I doubt anyone's mourning his death, but Obama and Clinton didn't have a plan for a post-Gaddafi Libya.

• mickey

he was bad but was trying to make nice with the US and thats why obama had him killed

His people didn't beat him to death for nothing.

The "Arab Spring" was Obama's effort to overthrow the semi-secular governments in Egypt, Libya, Syria, and Tunisia so they could be replaced with his islamist buddies.

• Matt

I mean Obama kill him BUT what they sneaky liberals don't say that Hillary give speech for Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs handle ALL of Gaddafi money he stole in power for US investment. So he was an asset before liberals say he a liability cause they freeze his money and take it for Clinton foundation or something who knows

• Made in China
      2 years agoReport

Thanking you for being giving Russian troll opinion from Russia Mattovich.