(1) Global warming is one portion of climate change.
(2) It threatens to melt glaciers and ice caps, thus raising sea level.
(3) Raised sea level could inundate low-lying cities, such as Miami, New York and Venice.
(4) Global warming also leads to droughts, which decrease foot production.
(5) With decreased food production and with it mass starvation, it increases the possibility of war over resources.
(6) It is thought that the burning of fossil fuels has contributed to the "greenhouse effect" of global warming.
(7) Fossil fuels in the form of oil and coal increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which acts as a blanket keeping heat trapped near the surface.
(8) Renewable energy such as wind, wave and solar power are ways to get away from using fossil fuel.
(9) The development of renewable energy would create thousands of jobs.
(10) We need to develop alternatives to fossil fuels because the fate of our civilization is at stake due to global warming; large areas of land would become submerged.
(11) If global warming melted all of the glaciers and ice caps in the world, sea level would rise by about 250 feet.
There, an 11-sentence paragraph to choose how you want to assemble it. I'll leave the three questions up to you.