cat
cat asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Will I damage my metabolism if I go all day consuming only coffee and green tea?

I never do things like this, I usually eat very healthily. But last night I binged so bad, that I've been unable to eat all day today. I'm still so uncomfortably full, bloated, and gassy. I had green tea in the morning to try to settle my stomach but it didn't help. To keep me going I've had two cups of coffee with a little cream to get some calories and energy in me without physically eating because the thought of it makes me want to burst. I have no appetite at all. I went for a 2 mile run and 2 mile walk which is fairly light for me but I wasn't motivated to do any more. I'll resume normal eating habits tomorrow assuming that I'm hungry by then (I'm sure I will be) but I'm afraid that my metabolism is screaming at me right now. What happens to your metabolism when you go a day without eating (just coffee and tea) after a huge binge?? I'm not overweight at all, in fact I'm very thin but I normally eat 1800 or 2000 calories because I'm pretty active. I'm a 26 year old female. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Some person somewhere, at one point in history made up the "three meals a day" rule. You eat when you're hungry, and if you're not continue with the tea etc.

Sorry about the binge... most of us do this when there is some sort of emotional void within we are trying to fill... or from boredom. Whatever it is, i used to do it. One day i was thinking about a binge and i remembered, very clearly, how i felt after the last one. that stopped me dead in my tracks, i got outside and hiked for four miles. It helped. There are so many ways to distract ourselves from binge eating. Bubble bath with candles, call a friend, find something productive to do, hug someone or hug a stuffed animal, if you have a cat pet it and talk with it, or anything you can think of to do.

take care. feel better soonest!! Believe me, i get it!

• cat
      2 years agoReport

Thanks, Carolynn!!

• Kano

NO. An occasional day without eating is beneficial, it resets our digestive system and metabolism.

I don't think you can damage your metabolism by eating differently for one day....