Is there a recpi that when I cook pork chops, they a soft (not like shoe leather)?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

Meat becomes tough when it is cooked too quickly at too high a temperature. Regardless of the recipe ingredients in preparing pork chops, they must be cooked using patience: bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 min for each pound, roughly one hour for 4 - Medium sized chops, or until the meat feels firm as touching your forehead, and juices run clear. If you’re firing them in enough oil to simply coat the pan, cook on medium heat slowly, following the same principles. Broiling is done on medium heat, making sure to observe frequently as the fat can be ignited if you’re not watching carefully. If you’re grilling them, prepare them slowly too, making sure to monitor the process as you would with broiling.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

The secret is long slow braisng. It doesn't need to be expensive pork chops. My Mother used to prepare it for one of my uncles, a great mess of them fork tender and with tons of onions, also long cooked.

But it also depends on the chop. Good pork chops are designed to be broiled or fried and yes they are relatively tough. What my mother used were shoulder chops. I am not sure what would happen if you slow cooked loin pork chops.

If you are in a rush you can use a pressure cooker.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I usually take the bone out of them, then poach gently in the oven, in a gravy or a mushroom sauce. They come out tender & moist.

• John
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

People won't believe this, but liquid has just about nothing to do with it. You are overcooking them, as several have said. They should be plump and moist and a little pink in the middle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

There is, but keep in mind that pork like chicken is very dense, so if pan frying it, it may need something like lemon juice to keep it moist. Making pork/chicken in the oven usually involves some sort of sauce to keep it moist, like a cooking soup(Campbell's cream of chicken/mushroom/onion, etc.).

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

If you are cooking them in the oven, then put about half an inch of fruit juice in the pan and cook really slowly.

• CB
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You are over cooking the chops- pork can be cooked to 145 F (pink inside) with no issues if you don't live in a third world country. Try it you will not believe how good a properly cooked pork chop tastes and how tender it will be.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Cook them more slowly- once outside is browned turn down the heat. You could also add some liquid to the pan so they simmer instead of being dry cooked. And do not buy super lean chops-the fat or marbling is what keeps them from being tough. Use a little oil or butter when cooking, too.

• 3 years ago

Recipe won't matter. You're overcooking them.

Cook for them less time, at a lower temperature, and if possible, get thicker cut chops. If you get those really thin ones then you shouldn't be cooking them for more than a minute or two per side - tops.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Many people like to cook them in "cream of crap". Pick whatever "Cream of" soup you like (chicken, mushroom, broccoli, whatever...) and have at it.

Google "pork chop cream of" and free recipes abound.

Or you could simply learn not to overcook pork.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.