Are college sweatpants with writing on the butt acceptable for a guy to wear casually?

I graduated from UBC a few years ago and the UBC butt sweatpants were very popular. I have a nephew and niece who will be attending either UVIC or UBC and was trying to find a gift for them and noticed that both UVIC and UBC's bookstore's primary sweatpants have the bum print. I know at this point they... show more I graduated from UBC a few years ago and the UBC butt sweatpants were very popular. I have a nephew and niece who will be attending either UVIC or UBC and was trying to find a gift for them and noticed that both UVIC and UBC's bookstore's primary sweatpants have the bum print.

I know at this point they have fallen out of favour with girls with the lulu pants and leggings taking over there so what I'm curious about is the guys and these pants. I know a few years ago when they were more popular, I saw them a lot. I personally saw more guys than girls wearing the UVIC butt ones, but I'm curious if my sample was skewed as I wasn't in vic that often. Would you find it strange if say a guy walked passed you on campus with UVIC or UBC on the butt of his sweatpants? It is a bit of a strange topic I know but I'm genuinely curious of what others think.