Do children from divorced parents tend to have more social problems?

I've read statistics that children who come from divorced parents tend to be more social problems, more lower self esteem, tend to be more shy, more psychological problems and health problems than children from two parent homes. I mean I am a shy person also with low self esteem (at least when I was young, now... show more I've read statistics that children who come from divorced parents tend to be more social problems, more lower self esteem, tend to be more shy, more psychological problems and health problems than children from two parent homes. I mean I am a shy person also with low self esteem (at least when I was young, now that I'm old, I'm more social and less socially awkward than when I was young). My parents also divorced during my younger days, though it really did not shock me. I was social even after my parents divorced, but I started becoming more shy and socially awkward and had lower self esteem, though it got better as I got older. I still see and talk with my dad, we go out sometimes during the weekends or when I am free and still call him. So do children who are divorced tend to have more social problems than married couples?
Update: Oh, and also from the statistics, children of divorced parents tend to have more insecurity issues
2 answers 2