What should I tell my instructor for why I got into a fight?

So basically my BJJ instructor saw I had a swollen face and said he wanted an explanation on Monday as he wasnt in the mood to hear bad news today. This kickboxer I met at a party last night was asking a lot of questions about BJJ because he was curious. After a few drinks, I got cocky and told him I could submit... show more So basically my BJJ instructor saw I had a swollen face and said he wanted an explanation on Monday as he wasnt in the mood to hear bad news today.

This kickboxer I met at a party last night was asking a lot of questions about BJJ because he was curious. After a few drinks, I got cocky and told him I could submit him in a heartbeat. He laughed and said all it takes is one lucky punch which for some reason I took offense. So I challenged him.

He said no at first but then after some taunting brought the gloves and hand wraps from the car.

I brought him to the ground quickly as people were watching cheering us on, and then I got him in a choke. He tapped but I was enranged because he punched me and I wanted to choke him out to make a point. He got scared and bit,me so I let go.

He took off his gloves and started punching for real and I fell to the ground,in pain. He got on top and probably hooked me in the cheek and left me there.

I sobered up this morning and I feel like ****. I feel so ashamed and dont know how to explain myself to,my,instructor.