How much money should i take to my trip to New York City? Help!?

I want to take my dad to a really nice trip to New York City. He has never been in New York City and honestly i have never been there either so thats why i want your opinions about how much i should take. So my dad works every day except from saturdays and sundays so i was planning to take him over there for the... show more I want to take my dad to a really nice trip to New York City. He has never been in New York City and honestly i have never been there either so thats why i want your opinions about how much i should take. So my dad works every day except from saturdays and sundays so i was planning to take him over there for the weekend. Like leaving to New York on friday and coming back sunday late night so he goes to work on Monday. * i know, thats too rush * but that's all the time he has available and cant take the week off from his work sadly.