What would happen if you repeatedly awarded yourself Best Answer for answers to your own questions that were asked anonymously?

Favorite Answer

You can not award yourself (same account) the best answer. You can answer the question but after that question been posted for at least an hour no best answer bar will show under your name.

You would need to cheat and have two accounts to ask and answer to do that. If you have more than one account the accounts can not interact. This would be ground to suspend not one but all accounts you have that interact.

• ?
      2 years agoReport

is this a case of sock account giving sock account BA?

You'd have to do it using 2 accounts and nothing would happen until someone realized what was happening and reported it. If reported and investigated, both accounts would probably be suspended from Answers, if not outright deleted. It's happened before.

You need sock account to award BA to self, and many have had all accounts suspended doing just that, I lost 3 way back when in an experiement

• Daniel

Yahoo does not let you do that even if you set your Self as Anonymous Yahoo knows its you

Gad,I was daft enough to try that on a few years back. I had one account to ask and another to answer. How tedious it was and I was starting to realise it was better to do it the honest way when they found me out with both accounts coming from the same IP address. They were very decent about it but I lost both accounts and had to start again and have never looked back since,dash pipe gone out.

• Booger

I don`t know, but I`m going to find out.

Nobody would care but you.

You would need to have 2 accounts to do that.

A user with 2 (or more) accounts that they use to interact that way will eventually be discovered and lose all accounts, including the email portion.