Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 years ago

What happened to the old me?

As a young female child I used to be so kind and bubbly, and I used to be able to go up to a random person and say hello. But as I started to get into my teenager years things changed. I am so quiet and gullible, and so so soooo awkward. I ve started to get cold hearted with my family and just want to shut everyone out. I care about dating boys now, and I used to think boys were gross!! I just have been going to happy then sad, and for some reason I want to be correct all the time..... I feel like I m the only one dealing with this problem. Everyone at school seems so fun and normal. People say "oh ur a teenager" but it feels like everyone else is fine except me. I feel alone!!!

Favorite Answer

Your hormones kicked in and you don't feel comfortable yet in your new body and with all the emotions swirling around inside. What you are experiencing is normal and nearly every teenager feels awkward and misunderstood. Just be patient with yourself and be patient with your family. It will all get better with time.

It sounds like you're concerned about changes you've noticed in yourself, but you're definitely not alone. Everything you've described is normal and what many teenagers go through. It's easy for people to put on a happy face around others, but you would probably be surprised at how many other teenagers you know feel the same way. The changes in mood and your relationship with your family and boys, those are all part of your transition into adulthood. It can be a very confusing time. Be kind to yourself and reach out when you need support. Know that you are not alone, and you will get through it. Wishing you the best... MG, crisis counselor

Source(s): www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

You may think you are so different than everyone else, but the truth is all of your peers are going through the same thing. Its basically all due to a loss of self confidence and self esteem. If you liked yourself more these issued would still exist, but they would be more manageable and you could be like you used to be ... more bubbly and out going.

Puberty is tough because all the new hormones not only screw with your body, they screw with your brain and make you think differently, often making you, your own worst critic. If you stop thinking about what you are doing wrong, you will be able to do more and have more fun. But I understand that is easier said than done. If you don't figure out your way during puberty, you certainly will when its over.

it might be your hormones or you could have a chemical imbalance making you depressed that you might need meds for

I think everyone at school has the same feelings that you have. When other students in school look at you, they probably have the same feeling about you that you have about them.

The feelings that you're having are part of entering into adolescence.

Hon, if you think everyone else is fine, you're very much mistaken.