Bank took my settlement check and won t return my paper check called original issuer put stop payment said they will write me new chk?

Will this work ? Or am I going to get the shaft they ceased check from a 9 yr old debt they have no judgement against me and I m filling bankruptcy any advice?
2 answers 2