Taking semester off before transferring?

I'm at community college, this is my second year but I won't be graduating May. Originally started as business major but I changed to Physical Therapy. This Semester I am taking Bio 2, Physics 2 and A&P 2. I really want to transfer to Potsdam this fall, for biology or exercise science, I honestly... show more I'm at community college, this is my second year but I won't be graduating May. Originally started as business major but I changed to Physical Therapy. This Semester I am taking Bio 2, Physics 2 and A&P 2. I really want to transfer to Potsdam this fall, for biology or exercise science, I honestly don't care which. However, I live with my girlfriend and she has another year to finish her nursing program, so I'm waiting for her to finish before I transfer, so my plan was to complete more pre-reqs for grad school at my community college this fall. Then I would work full time during spring semester and summer, because we have been on a really tight budget so I could save some money. My girlfriend's mom will also graduate college next year and she says then she can help us with our bills but I don't wanna rely on her, and my girlfriend will also stop working after she graduates so she can focus in getting her Ms in Nursing.Then I would transfer the following fall. I am not worried about having too many credits because this school year I did 12 credits each semester all sciences, and the previous year only my chemistry, Psychology, English and math courses would count toward the degree and I did my second sequence of chemistry last summer. So I was wondering if doing one more semester was a great idea, then I work full time in the spring, or if I should just split it and go part time both semesters. I'm just a confused boy with really bad transfer advisers. Thanks for your answers.
2 answers 2