Permanently damaged skin due to careless use of Clearasil product?

When I was a teenager I suffered with acne. . I’m now 24. I bought Clearasil thinking this would help but it didn’t do much. One day for some reason I just put it on my face and left it overnight to sink into my skin. When I woke up the spots had reduced! Now I know this was due to the product effectively bleaching... show more When I was a teenager I suffered with acne. . I’m now 24. I bought Clearasil thinking this would help but it didn’t do much. One day for some reason I just put it on my face and left it overnight to sink into my skin. When I woke up the spots had reduced! Now I know this was due to the product effectively bleaching the skin as it is meant to be washed off.

I used this method for quite a considerable amount of time, I’d say well over a year and it bleached my skin white to the point where people would make comments at how white I looked and I didn’t put 2+2 together for some reason. People also started to comment on how old I looked! I used to look young for my age and now people where saying I looked so many years older.

I finally realised what caused this and now to my horror years later nothing has really improved at all. The bleached white skin has gotten better but it has destroyed my face. I have wrinkles, holes and my skin is an absolute mess and people can never believe when I say I’m 24, they think I’m much older. I’m quite devastated about it as it causes me a lot of anxiety to this day. My skin also shines and is slimey and I have to go into the bathroom every 30-40 minutes to wipe it otherwise my face looks like I’m sweating. It’s horrific what effect this has had on me.

I’m just wondering if anybody knows any advice or ways to reverse the damage I’ve done as it still plagues my life to this day and wish I could go back change it!

Thanks for your help!