How do I get a hug from someone who I’m not sure is the hugging type?

This may sound a bit weird, but I don’t care. I have a very good friend, and we’ve been friends for almost a year now. We know each other from school, and keep in mind, we’re still a bit young. Most of mine and his interactions are through humor, however, we have had discussions that were a bit serious, and we’ve... show more This may sound a bit weird, but I don’t care.

I have a very good friend, and we’ve been friends for almost a year now. We know each other from school, and keep in mind, we’re still a bit young. Most of mine and his interactions are through humor, however, we have had discussions that were a bit serious, and we’ve talked a bit about our interests. He’s helped me through emotional problems before, and although he gets sad when I’m sad, I always cheer him up, which ends up cheering me up.

However, (this is the weird part) I don’t think I have a crush on him, as I’m not interested in engaging in romantic or sexual relationships, but I honestly think he is very cute and adorable, and I just want a hug or some form of affection from him. I’m not sure how to get it though, and I’m not too sure how he’d react. I’m really afraid of what he’d think of me afterwards, as I am a bit paranoid when it comes to social interaction. Help? Please? What should I do? How should I tell him this or get this across to him, if I should inform him about this?

I’ve tried to sneak a side hug from him before too, and he didn’t really care, but I didn’t even side hug him, I just ended patting him on the back, and he coughed jokingly. He thought it was a joke, which is good for me.

However, this somehow is really not enough for me. I badly want a hug from him, and I just don’t know how to get it.

Please help.
1 answer 1