?
? asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

How do I prevent dogs from crapping in my yard?

It seems like a lot of my neighbors don't pick up after their dogs, and I can't shoo them away because I work all day long.

I don't want this to be some daily maintenance job for me.

I don't care about how to do it, but I am tired of this and would like it to stop. What is the best solution?

Favorite Answer

Hire some homeless person to camp out on your front lawn and ask anyone passing by for "spare change". Most of your neighbors would be inclined to cross the street rather than be solicited. If anyone of your neighbors complain, you ask them for a better solution to stop dog walkers from using your lawn as a pet potty!

• ?
      2 years agoReport

Freaking brilliant

Do a pesticide application on your yard, and make sure you put up those little signs. Owners who want to keep their dogs alive will make sure they stay away from your yard. MAKE SURE you put up the signs, if you don’t, it’s your fault when a dog dies. If the owners choose to ignore the signs, and their dog dies, it’s their own fault.

Cover every inch of your yard with ☢ waste.

Well if there's one thing ive learned from my time as a child soldier working the poppy fields of wakanda, nothing stops **** from shitting like a good ol minefield.

• Sofia2 years agoReport

I agree with you. I don't like pets when they have to do their crap around the yard. But one thing's for sure you have to pick them up yourself

Put up a sign that not to poop on the yard and that you have a security camera recording them and will report them to animal control. It most areas there's fines for not picking up after your dog. What PIG neighbours!!!!

• J

I have heard that chocolate keeps dogs away.

Put a fence up, if they can't get in your yard they can't crap in it.

The best idea I see here is putting Movement sensors on your sprinkler system.

That i sunless you are to cheap to have one.

There are many kinds from a laser beam being broken to like ones on ALL Electric GARAGE DOORS BY CODE. You can install them really easy... Just a power box to control them and then a very small wire to each side of the sensor. You can adjust the height and also can hide in in a small plant even if it is just a pot on the edge or your property.

You can also get the ones like controls the out side lights for sensing movement or camera activation sensors etc. They are easy to install and when I dog starts to come into your yard it will auto wet him and or the owner and they will stop coming maybe after the 2nd or third time it happens...

You can use pepper etc. but if you water your yard or it rains you will need to wait for it to dry and them treat again... same with the spray to keep away different varmints.

• Anna E

Garden centers sell granules you can sprinkle in the garden to repel cats, dogs and other vermin. You might try getting some of these and sprinkle around your yard. I have that issue in our neighborhood, one particular neighbor who walks his little dog and lets it come into the middle of the yard and crap (yes, it's on a leash) and then just walks away.

A fence to keep them out.

Motion sensored lawn sprinkler