c asked in HealthOptical · 2 years ago

Is it normal to see dots?

I see moving/flickering dots in the dark and in dim light. Is this normal? I can also see them on smooth surfaces. These aren’t floaters, it’s like millions of buzzing dots in your vision, kind of like the ones seen at night. Does anyone else see this?

☆ Sent from iOS Dr. Know! 1.1.03

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I don't see any dots at night, but I believe that you do.

This is not bc of something I've heard or read. I experienced this while I was healing from being blind.

It's a malfunction in brain. Your visual center is trying to interpret bad data or the interpreter is dysfunctional.

Talk to your PCP/GP/doctor to get referred to an ophthalmologist, preferably a neuropthalmologist.

• 2 years ago

If you are referring to ‘pixel-like’ dots, like you’d see if you went close up to a computer screen, then yes. I get this too. It’s from using a screen often, but hopefully nothing to worry about. I am short-sighted, but these don’t seem to have much to do with it at all.

• paul
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

stop taking drugs

• c2 years agoReport

Sure, if I had ever started in the first place...

• 2 years ago

I saw those when I was about to faint from heat prostration (hundred degree day, wearing full high school band uniform, standing in the sun for more than an hour awaiting ROTC inspection. Yeah, my grown-ups were dumb.)

• JazSinc
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

I was ordered to stand at attention for more than an hour in the sun, hundred degree day, wearing a full band uniform. My grown-ups were dumb.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.