Car suggestions, please. Trade in, or keep?

I currently own a 2007 Corolla S. It has 170,000 miles, and has not given me any problems. It's not fancy, but I love the car. I have been considering purchasing a Toyota SUV or truck, but am thinking about keeping my car, instead of trading it in. Depending when I buy, I should have about $6,000-8,000 for a... show more I currently own a 2007 Corolla S. It has 170,000 miles, and has not given me any problems. It's not fancy, but I love the car.

I have been considering purchasing a Toyota SUV or truck, but am thinking about keeping my car, instead of trading it in. Depending when I buy, I should have about $6,000-8,000 for a down payment. I also have a stable career and good credit history with Toyota.

I'm debating which is the best purchasing option. Should I trade in and buy, or should I go CPO and have 2 cars? I'm not opposed to leasing either. Just debating the most logical approach here. Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll respond in the comments.

Thanks in advance for your help!