I am celiac. My husband wants to keep regular (wheat) flour and cake mixes in the house so he can bake cakes for his friends and family?

I don’t want my husband to keep wheat flour in the house. Aside from not wanting to smell cakes etc. that I can’t eat, I also think it’s a bit dangerous in terms of airborne cross contamination. He says GF cake mixes are too costly to use all the time and some are not great. What are your thoughts? Am I going... show more I don’t want my husband to keep wheat flour in the house. Aside from not wanting to smell cakes etc. that I can’t eat, I also think it’s a bit dangerous in terms of airborne cross contamination. He says GF cake mixes are too costly to use all the time and some are not great. What are your thoughts? Am I going overboard by not wanting us to bake glutenous foods I cannot eat? How should I deal with this?

It also just so happens that my husband's father (oddly enough) is celiac too. Despite this, the rest of the family of eight children (including the husband) and the mother have always eaten gluten. They regularly baked cakes, breads, biscuits and other home-made gluten filled goodies and the father just goes without (they were on a low income). He never wanted to burden his family with his dietary restrictions.

My mother is also celiac and has never bought or used wheat flour or regular cake mixes since the day she and I have been gluten free, and my father has never had a problem with it. He just has regular bread and a separate toaster and that's about it.

Am I going overboard here? People told me that when I married my husband I was very lucky since he would be aware of my dietary needs due to his father's condition. Seems like it's gone in the opposite direction now. How should I confront this issue? Any sound advice would be appreciated.