College is hard...finding it difficult to improve my grades and starting to not care?

Really want to transfer to a college which isn't so grueling. I spend too much of my life in school. My problem is that I am smart and work really hard when I am interested in the topic, otherwise I have trouble finding the strength to care about the other ones. Any perspectives on how to be a better student... show more Really want to transfer to a college which isn't so grueling. I spend too much of my life in school. My problem is that I am smart and work really hard when I am interested in the topic, otherwise I have trouble finding the strength to care about the other ones. Any perspectives on how to be a better student while still having a life? I almost just wanna give up but I pay too much for these classes.