Where is a good lake and area in Wisconsin to buy lake house?

My wife and I are considering purchasing a lake property in Wisconsin. I will be 66 and want to fish and hunt. Would like to catch walleye, crappie, bluegill, and muskie. My wife will need a nearby town for movies and shopping. Also would like access to good kayaking, canoeing, bike trails, hiking and cross country skiing. A fitness center in town would be nice. Also considering our age need access to good medical treatment.

• kathys
    Best Answer

best lakes in Wisconsin. Source:en.wikipedia.org. Minocqua, WI. Helpful town statistics. Median Age: 51.6. Median Income: $48,175. The Minocqua area is surrounded by classic north woods beauty and teeming with wildlife. A popular lake location for hunting and fishing, a cabin on Lake Minocqua could ...

• cat

Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. You'll be right on Lake Michigan. It's a cute, quaint and cozy area suburb of Milwaukee.

Lake Winston is my favorite. Good fishing and relaxing.

• John

Lake Salem in Madison