Can you use a Pipe Band Snare drum in a DCI (Drum Corps International) band?

I'm a pipe band snare drummer and have been since I was 8 years old. The DCI world has always intrigued me, I've always wanted to try it but alas in Scotland , there is no DCI Corps about here. Now to be completely honest , I'm not too keen on the "dance moves" or the sound of the snare drums,... show more I'm a pipe band snare drummer and have been since I was 8 years old. The DCI world has always intrigued me, I've always wanted to try it but alas in Scotland , there is no DCI Corps about here.
Now to be completely honest , I'm not too keen on the "dance moves" or the sound of the snare drums, hence the question, Can you play a pipe band snare drum in a DCI competition ? The drums are different in a few ways but both use a top and bottom snare , high tension top hoops and high tension batters, is there a specific rule that says you have to use a certain trype of drum ?? or can you use any type of snare drum??
1 answer 1