John asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

What is your impression of Republicans?

When I think Republicans, I think of redneck, hillbilly, racist, old, white, southern, chicken farmers that hate gays, Muslims, and Mexicans.

They especially hate the blacks

Weren't the Republicans the ones who ended slavery.

Weren't Democrats the ones who owned slaves, created the KKK, supported the Jim Crow Laws and segregation?

In fact, wasn't it a KKK man who was Hillary's "friend and mentor"?

Oh, and isn't it Muslims who kill gays?

Just as the Liberal Left would have you think.

Nothing

• Nick

Morons. Same for Democrats.

• Nick
      2 years agoReport

Jared the fact that you are so stupid in your beliefs about Democrats shows you've got a lot to learn.

Your ignorance tells me you are a follower of MSNBC, and a total DNC drone, without a brain to think or learn for yourself.

• Larry C
      2 years agoReport

Why not! You do not listen to anything else, certainly not civil speech, and you try to shout down anyone who uses it, if they carry a weapon, you shut up and listen. The only thing you are Minister of, is satan, and you are infested with his demons. We can prove this if we use the means

• jimm

Sounds like you're the one who's full of hate.

• sparrow
      2 years agoReport

Think about that, Tempest. If the above question was kept exactly the same, only the word white was changed to black, would that be okay, or would it be kind of racist?

Read both the democrat and the republican party platforms and will know whom is the irresponsible, immoral, anti- American, anti- Constitution crowd.

Just do it: at least you will have the truth at your disposal.

I think of a batch of businessmen in suits who own several large businesses, each. That does make them old and white. I see a group who does like to make money, but are also very generous. While generous when they give to the charity of their choice, they would fight tooth and nail to not pay taxes. They are proud of their military service, and want their children to continue it, but they also want to protect their children from danger. And they tend to see danger everywhere. Gays , Muslims , blacks and Mexicans seem to be dangerous because none of them are members of the country club.

I do not see them as the red neck hillbilly that you describe,

These folks have succeeded very well in the USA and would like to keep it just the way it was, so they can stay at the top.

I used to think of them as fiscally responsible people focused on economic freedom, smaller government and personal responsibility...the "pull yourself up by your boostraps" party.

But I think your description may be more accurate these days. You forgot war-mongering, reproductive rights hating, fiscally irresponsible and morally condescending. (Hmmm, why yes. Some of this applies to the democrats as well).

• ?

People who idealize a mythological 50s family values and lifestyle

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

The 1950s lifestyle wasn't so bad, it is just Republicans dream about it but hypocritically forgot how to recreate it. FDR is solely responsible for that economic boom.