"In Canada, you go to the doctor and pay nothing" ... meaning, the doctors & staff work but do not get paid? All my life, prices here...?

' ...for doctors and meds were so reasonable, there really was no call for the govt to take our money and pay our bills as it added a totally ridiculous extra step in the payment process. Charities kept enormous hospitals open in every city across the US and nobody I knew ever went without. Then, prices... show more '
...for doctors and meds were so reasonable, there really was no call for the govt to take our money and pay our bills as it added a totally ridiculous extra step in the payment process.

Charities kept enormous hospitals open in every city across the US and nobody I knew ever went without.

Then, prices exploded and not because govt did too little (if that were the case, how did govt do too much all the decades before prices went wild?).

If prices were reasonable as are things we buy every day (which friends from overseas still marvel at for being so good and so cheap) why would we want the govt to intervene?

.