Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesUnited StatesSan Jose · 3 years ago

Are supermarkets and stores like Wal-Mart and Target going away in Silicon Valley, northern California, and Southern California?

The reason I ask is I just read about the Silicon Valley backyard chicken-raising thing.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

Multiple questions about urban chicken raising.

You need to get a life

• 3 years ago

No.

I live near San Jose. There's at least 3 Walmarts and 3 Targets within 10 miles of my house. There are probably more, but those are the ones I know about.

As for American supermarket chains, there's a Lucky's around the corner from me. Not 1, but THREE different Safeways just a few miles from my house.

And that doesn't include the Chinese, Korean, Indian, and Mexican grocery stores, of which there are at least 10 within 5 miles of my house. That doesn't include going down into San Jose, where there are a lot more. (I don't usually go that far south -- no need.)

• 3 years ago

Walmarts are certainly going away in urban California. There are no Walmarts within 200 miles of SF.

• John
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

A few people out of millions raise a few chickens and you wonder if Wal-Mart is going to go out of business? Seriously?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

No. They are thriving.

• 3 years ago

no, of course not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.