Can you help me with my parallel parking? What am I doing wrong?

When I learned how to parallel park I was very nervous. My teacher calmed me down and gave me this advice:

Your back wheels should start off with being parallel to their front wheels. Start turning the wheels into the spot and then straighten out the wheel and adjust to the spot.

I can't tell you what you're doing wrong without SEEING what you're doing wrong.

When I was learning to drive I practice parallel parking over and over with cardboard boxes (traffic cones would be good too but we couldn't just buy them in those days). The angle you back in, the time you turn, how much you turn, you get a feeling for all of those after a bit of practice.

I was still worried about parallel parking when I took my driving test. But the space they asked me to pull into, on the lot of the DMV, was big enough to park a HOUSE. It was maybe 20 feet long and 10 feet wide and I aced it on the first try.

I just bought a new car, a big van, the biggest car I've ever had, and i'm still learning how to park it. It could use a backup camera.