Should I fight the insurance company?

here is the scoop. I have asthma and few years ago my doc was looking for an inhaler to give me that would help me out, so I gave him a list of meds that my insurance company would cover and he said ok I want you on symbicort inhaler. but he gave it to me in samples first to see if it would work and after say 2... show more here is the scoop. I have asthma and few years ago my doc was looking for an inhaler to give me that would help me out, so I gave him a list of meds that my insurance company would cover and he said ok I want you on symbicort inhaler. but he gave it to me in samples first to see if it would work and after say 2 months on samples I said it worked and he sent it to the pharmacy for me. I get there and they said insurance will not pay for it anymore so in those 2 months they stopped covering and I did not know that as I was on samples of it first. they said I had to try breo and dulera inhaler with fail in order to get symbicort, I was on dulera then and it was not working so got put on breo and it was ok at first now it not working well and my asthma is uncontrolled and I am constantly sick, so my new asthma doc said he would put me on symbicort again to see if I get better as I said that works best for me. insurance would not pay for it the nurse tried to get it covered they said no the doc tried to get it covered they said no again and to try such and such an inhaler. they sent me a letter saying now that I tried breo and I also have to try air duo now before I can get the inhaler I need. can I fight this as they told me first I needed to try 2 inhalers with fail and I did and now they are telling me I need to try a 3rd one before I can get it? when I file a complaint what do I say to them about this? I am so pissed off that they are denying me meds I need to help me?
8 answers 8