Did I miss the true love of my life?

We are now both 53. I am white, she is Chinese. We were in every grade k-6. She was very bright and artistic. I was somewhat bright and became very artistic in my 20's. I was a small kid. I got the crap beatrn out of me by a bully many times as a child. I fixed this fat piece of crap many years later. After 6th... show more We are now both 53. I am white, she is Chinese. We were in every grade k-6. She was very bright and artistic. I was somewhat bright and became very artistic in my 20's. I was a small kid. I got the crap beatrn out of me by a bully many times as a child. I fixed this fat piece of crap many years later.
After 6th grade, my parents didn't want me to go to public school anymore. I lived in a small city tthat was probably 1/3 in extreme poverty, 1/3 slight or near poverty and 1/3 middle class. The school they srnt me to was a boarding school with day students.. The headmaster was a sadist. He was physically and mentally abusive.. I have fixed him several wimes over the years. I have paid him back with interest.
My mother sent me to a boarding school far from home. Becauze we went to school 6 days per week instead of 5, we finished the year more than a month before public school. They lost control over me. I got involved with gangs and drugs. I wa shot and stabbed by the time I was 20. I dropped oht? My parents tossed me out at 16.
I went to jail more than once. I lost contact with this sweet little girl from my childho8d. About 3 weeks ago, she found me on Facebo8k. She told me she always missed me and never forgot me. I wish I could say the same. But I think about how much I loved her way back and she loved me. If I ended up with her, my life would be very different. Did I screw up? If you asked me who'd I marry sah in 6th or 7th grade, I would have said her.