Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 years ago

I don't really understand what comfort food is. To me, anything that I eat basically gives me comfort. So what's the difference?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Definition: food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being, typically any with a high sugar or other carbohydrate content and associated with childhood or home cooking.

Source(s): Google....
  • 2 years ago

For me, comfort food is what mom used to make for us and just the aroma can take me back to her warm kitchen with the wonderful smells wafting all around.

When I make the same dish or dishes, that comfort surrounds me.

• 2 years ago

You clearly have no feelings......only joking.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Comfort food is something that reminds you of a time in your life, or a person from your past. A time or a person that made you feel really loved and safe. This may be the soup your mom always gave you when you were sick. The spagetti that you had at your grandma's every Sunday for dinner something like that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Its usually food that is warming and brings you comfort, reminding you of your mum's / grandma's cooking and food you ate when you were young.

Or just something you like to eat when your'e in your comfy clothes at home, on the sofa perhaps.

• 2 years ago

"I don't really understand what comfort food is. To me, anything that I eat basically gives me comfort. So what's the difference?"

It is literally food that gives you comfort. If you're feeling blue and want comfort food, you'll go for something that makes you feel good.

A lot of people think it's something starchy but it could be your mamma's stew, or ya grandpa's stuffed artichokes.

• 2 years ago

Comfort food is usually stemmed from something that you can remember eating at a specific time that made you feel good, and I'm not talking about having a good donut in a shop or something. I'm talking about grandma's stew, your mom's spaghetti, your uncle's "famous BBQ chicken," any food you remember having at a family or friend gathering and brings back good memories or foods that your grandparents and parents made when you were a kid and food you grew up with.

This varies greatly from person to person, but generally speaking, foods like macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, meatloaf, thick soups and stews, and fresh baked bread would all be considered comfort foods. Hot, high in fat, and loaded with flavor.

Now I, growing up in a very Hawaiian household, have a different take on comfort foods. Poi, dry fish, plate lunch, crackseed, and Vienna sausage and eggs are MY comfort foods. They remind me of my "small kid time" with my grandparents and make me feel good :)

• 2 years ago

Comfort food is something that tastes exceptionally well and is not good for your health, i.e. junk food. Think ice cream, cookies, even most McDonald's is comfort food.

• ?
      Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

I love Panda Express food.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Some kind of food that makes you think of being young and not having a care in the world. I think you're trying to be clever (and failing, hence going "anon" to ask a non-offensive question). What would YOU call such food?

• Norman
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Grub you wouldn't normally eat if you was on a diet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.